Valley Preparatory School seeks to enroll students who will benefit from our mission & vision and who will contribute to our varied community life through their attitude towards others, their sense of responsibility, and their active interest in learning. At Valley Prep we inspire each student to reach his or her potential. We go beyond the basics and help children reach a little deeper, try a little harder, and understand a little more. Our aim is to help young people grow into leaders, independent thinkers, and true originals — confidently, intelligently, and individually.
- Preschool students must be three years of age by September 1 of the year they are applying to attend school.
- Pre-Kindergarten students must be four years of age by September 1 of the year they are applying to attend school.
- Kindergarten students must be five years of age by September 1 of the year they are applying to attend school.
Steps to Apply
- Schedule an appointment and tour with the Office of Admissions
- Complete and return
- Application for Admission
- Copy of your child’s birth certificate
- Copy of previous school records (if applicable)
- Other forms as requested by the Director of Admissions
- Schedule a classroom visit and evaluation of your child (see Readiness Evaluation below) and pay the non-refundable Assessment Fee of $100
- Our Director of Admissions contacts your child’s previous school (if applicable)
- The Admissions Committee (including the Head of School) reviews your application and supporting documents.
- The Director of Admissions will notify you of your child’s:
- Unconditional acceptance
- Conditional acceptance
- Upon acceptance, the following must be submitted before your child begins school
- Complete the enrollment contract (sent to you electronically) and submit the required registration fee of $1,000 to our Business Manager to reserve your child’s seat.
- Register with Smart Tuition, LLC for tuition billing and collection purposes (see Tuition & Fees for details)
- Complete the Emergency Information form (emailed to you before your child’s first day of class, and then updated annually)
The most important step in the application procedure is when your child visits the school. During this full (or partial) day visit, your child will experience a typical day at Valley Prep, allowing the teachers to observe his/her interaction with the other students. During the day, your child will also complete an assessment which includes age-appropriate reading, writing, and math exercises. While the results of this assessment are not the sole determining factor in a child’s acceptance or non-acceptance, it does provide important feedback to ensure proper grade-placement.
Other important factors include: Review of previous school records (if applicable); feedback from the previous school (if applicable); date of birth; and your child’s own expression of interest in joining Valley Prep. Older children will be asked to complete a Prospective Student Questionnaire.
Valley Preparatory School prides itself on our wonderful diversity and seeks to admit students of any race, color, national, and ethnic origin to all rights and privileges, programs, and activities accorded or made available to students at the school. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national or ethnic origin with respect to our educational policies, admission policies, scholarship programs, or other school-administered programs.
After all of the various materials and procedures have been completed, the admissions committee will review all pertinent information and make a recommendation for placement to the Head of School.
In accordance with Valley Preparatory School policy, all new students must submit a negative Tuberculosis (TB) test result or chest x-ray before the first day of attendance.